Saturday 13 August 2016

What is official term for contraction induced muscle "vibration"?


I can activate my tensor tympani muscles at will, it makes me hear rumbling bass sound becose the muscles "shiver / "vibrate" when contracted. Also when I put cleched fist to my ear I can hear it too. I read all muscles make makes this rumbling low frequency sound when contracted.


I wanted to study this thing but I run into the problem becose I dont know how is this muscle vibration officialy called. I dont know what words should I type to get relevant search results. I dont want anything about shivers, tremors or other stuff, I just want to know how is the normal muscle "rumble" called.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...