Sunday 14 August 2016

graduate admissions - How much will a poor first semester affect my grad school chances?


I'm studying Computer Science with a double major in Math at a public university. I hope to attend a private school like Vanderbilt (Nashville, USA) to pursue an MS or PhD. My GPA is still above a 3.0, however:




  • I have received a U (unsatisfied, incorrectly submitted work) as a final grade in a single credit course that is part of an honors college program during my first semester in college.




  • I also had one terrible score (D) in a 200 level maths course during the same semester.





Will these early blemishes on my transcript affect my chances of getting into graduate school?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...