Wednesday 3 August 2016

productivity - Software/App for electronic research notebooks


I want to keep a research notebook for my computational "experiments". Basically, I should at least be able to write text and attach images like plots. Other nice features to have would be



  1. linking to past experiments/pages

  2. latex equations

  3. uploading papers, or other urls

  4. being able to transfer data

  5. dating and version control

  6. open-source tool



I am already familiar with trello and tiddlywiki. Trello is good for attaching stuff and organising tasks, but I need a notebook where I attach a plot, write stuff around it, attach another below it. It doesn't have a paper or canvas. Tiddlywiki is a little painful for attaching pics and equations, the file bloats, it seems I am keeping a blog.


What is a good, free electronic notebook tool for research/lab work?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...