Thursday 3 November 2016

thesis - Is it allowed to re-format a post-print version of a published paper?



I am finishing up my thesis which will include, among other things, a published paper. I am allowed by the journal to use a post-print version, which (if I understand correctly) is the accepted version of the paper without the journal's formatting and typesetting.


Am I allowed to redo the typesetting of this version?


The last version submitted to the journal includes line numbers and a different font to the rest of my chapters. I would like things to look consistent throughout the book. These are the instructions from the journal:


Regarding your own version of the refereed post-print only, you are free to:



  • post it on your personal or institutional web site and load it onto an institutional or not-for-profit repository once accepted for publication (access to the full text on a repository will be embargoed for 12 months from first publication of the published version);

  • use it in printed compilations of your work subsequent to publication; and

  • expand it into book-length form, and/or otherwise re-use portions in other works.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...