Sunday 13 November 2016

publications - How much time is usually left for authors to return page proofs? What happens if I am late?


Recently I was handling submission of a paper to a journal. I was somewhat surprised that I was asked to return the corrections to galley proofs in 48 hours.




To ensure fast publication of your paper please return your corrections within 48 hours. ... Note that may proceed with the publication of your article if no response is received.



How usual is it, that only a short period is left for the authors to return page proofs? Do many journals allow similar time span? Or is a longer period customary?


I can imagine situations in which I would not be able to respond in 48 hours.


What would happen if I reacted only later, not within the time period required by publisher (48 hours in this case)? Is it probable that they would still incorporate the corrections if I emailed a bit later? (Or if I emailed them that I am unable to complete this in 48 hours and explained the reasons.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...