Tuesday 22 November 2016

Non academic career options for PhD in Math


I am thinking of getting my M.S. in Computer Science. I chose C.S. because I enjoy programming and because its a solid choice, career wise. Low unemployment, good pay, all that jazz.


But my real passions has always been math and lately I have been thinking about swapping and going for my graduate degree in Math. If I went the math route I would probably go full PhD (since I don't think there is much you can do with just a Masters in math).


But as much as I love math, I can't see myself being a math teacher. I would want to work in research or industry, applying math to solve real world problems.


What kind of non-academic jobs are there for someone with a PhD in math (or what is the best resource to see what jobs are out there)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...