Thursday 10 November 2016

university - Ethics of "recycling" assignments



I can't think of a better title, feel free to edit.


I'm retaking a course at university, and the basic assessments are very similar; if I can assume that I'm studying effectively, could there be any issues with modifying my assignments to fit the new criteria, and effectively resubmitting them?


From my perspective, this cannot be collaboration or collusion, but it could be defined as plagiarism, at least by a computer. I don't see why I would have to reference my own work here if it is adapted from previous writings, is it therefore sensible to assume that there will be no complication from an ethical perspective?


I'm also interested in the general concept for academia - would I have to reference my previous writings, and if so, how?


Edit: Let me clarify that this particular case is not a significant assignment, but rather a small "checkpoint".





No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...