Friday 8 January 2016

cv - Can/Should I add CRAN package to my work published?


I've developed a package for R and it is added to CRAN. Should I add it to my work published, although it isn't peer reviewed for content, or should I just add a single line that mentions the package?



Answer



I would definitely consider including this in your CV. It's scientific work, and you expect people to cite your package.




It would make sense to put this under a separate heading, so your publication list contains "Peer-reviewed publications" and "Non-peer-reviewed publications" - this way, you don't give the impression of trying to inflate your publication list by sneaking in some non-reviewed stuff.


If at a later date you have authored multiple R (or other) packages and perhaps published other non-reviewed material, you could subdivide the "Non-peer-reviewed publications" by splitting off software into its own section.



No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...