Friday 15 January 2016

citations - How to correctly cite a retracted paper?


I would like to cite a particular paper that has been retracted, due to a specific error the authors have initially overseen in their analysis. Because this specific error is the subject of my discussion, I want to include it as an example. Now, how do I cite it correctly? For example, ...



  • Should the citation appear in my list of references?

  • Am I supposed to use the general citation format; e.g. Smith et al. (2000)?

  • Should I or am I actually allowed to mention the author's names?

  • Can I be brief and simply write: Smith et al. (2000, Nature, retracted)?





No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...