Thursday 14 January 2016

methodology - Ref. request : book or survey about conducting experimental studies



I am currently conducting researches that are almost mainly theoretical (I am a TCS researcher gone rogue = I also work on applying theory stuff to real life problems). In the future I plan to conduct several large experimental studies involving technical experiments AND human validation of the results.


I am a neophyte in conducting this kind of very large studies involving technicalities and "humanities". I ask around and search on the web for a textbook about this matter and do not find any comprehensive resource.


So the question : do you have any pointer to a book/survey/other explaining the whole process of a large scale experimental study? It can be from any domain.



Answer



I would say that the classic in experimental social science methodology is Shadish & Cook's "Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Designs for Generalized Causal Inference".


It covers various forms of experimental research design and also go into considerable detail in explaining the logic and practical steps of each.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...