Thursday 28 January 2016

genetics - How to find suitable qRTPCR reference gene for a inflammatory response experiment?


I have tried several housekeeping genes – Hprt, β-actin and GAPDH, to analyze the relative expression of a cytokine for measuring the inflammatory local response in mice ears. However, all these housekeeping genes show significant variation in both within and between different experimental conditions.


I really don't know how to solve this. I take the same amount of RNA (quantified by nanodrop) to make cDNA so I guess I have the same concentration in all the samples.


Any suggestion of what can happens and how to solve it? Could I use something different to measure the relative quantification? (My cytokine of interest is TNF).




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...