Sunday 17 January 2016

phd - Should I add Guest Lecturer experience in my CV?



As a PhD student I have been invited to give a guest lecture in an MSc in my university in another department.


Should I add this to my CV if I intend to apply for academic jobs? If so, what should this look like in my CV? In which section would it go?



Answer



I've seen a lot of CVs include guest lecturer. You would include it in the Teaching section of your CV. A quick google for "guest lecturer cv" will show you some examples.


Do note, this is generally different than an invited speaker though. A Guest Lecturer comes and teaches a class where as an Invited Speaker comes to give a talk or seminar or colloquium. If this is an invited talk then you'd still list it on your CV, but in the Invited Talks section.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...