Wednesday 2 December 2015

engineering - What to do about accidental, easily corrected errors in a conference paper you already submitted?


I am an engineering MS student (maybe going for PhD). I submitted a conference paper on some research I was working on last week. Before I submitted a conference paper, I regenerated all the plots (for a better consistent format). I realized today that I used an inaccurate, older code to regenerate a few plots in one section. This means that some of the plots are based on a code that had a theoretical error. Not good.


Questions:


What do you recommend I do? Is it ok to send the accurate plots a week later? Have I damaged my reputation with this forum? Are there ethical issues here - technically I sent innacurate plots but it was a small technical mistake?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...