Thursday 10 December 2015

publications - Doubts about writing research paper?


I am writing my first research paper in field of computer applications and artificial intelligence. I have following doubts, please answer them to help me out..



a) When explaining my research, do I need to include the whole code or just algorithms ?


b) Do I have to upload my code somewhere so that people can verify my research and give link of that code in my paper ?


c) I don't know any professor very well. Is it required to get it read by somebody because I am still an undergraduate ?


Any other suggestion from your experience ??



Answer





  1. Definitely not the whole code.





  2. It is a conference-specific and depends on the conference area. If the paper is more data related (which is the case in Data Mining field for instance) you are required at least to comment on the data usage and from where you get it. If your paper is about a new web system usually referring to it in the text will be helpful.




  3. It is not required but highly recommended since they will be able to provide a constructive criticism for your work. You do not need to know them very well and usually they will be happy to help students.




Generally, students (specially undergraduates) publish papers with the help of a faculty member in the school. This said, there is nothing limit them to publish by their own. It is just more helpful to you to be attached to one of the faculty members and do research under his/her guidance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...