Sunday 20 December 2015

publications - How valuable is being in an A+ rank CS conference with a short paper?



My paper is accepted in an A-rank conference in computer science as a short paper. I need to reduce it to 6-pages instead of 10-pages. All the reviewers said the paper has all the required elements to be a decent paper, but the presentation and problem introduction should have been better.


Also if i have to cut 4 pages, I need to reduce the references and the propositions and the proofs, and some of the related works!


So I'm not sure if it is better to withdraw it from this conference and submit the revised full version to another one? Or i should take the opportunity of having my paper in this top conference and try to submit the extended version to a journal paper?


BTW, i'm almost at the end of my PhD study and have not yet published any paper in a top-tier conference, and this work is one of the main results of my work (however there might be one another work to be submitted to another A-rank conference).




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...