Monday 21 December 2015

graduate admissions - Is it ok for one of your letters of recommendation to come from someone in the department/program to which you are applying?


[See title.] It seems ok, but one might consider it unfair in some sense? I just wanted to make sure this is acceptable. (I am specifically talking about graduate school applications.)




Edit: I apologize for previously withholding some information. Here are some more details.



  • I am majoring in math and will have two letters from math professors at my undergrad institution.

  • I also have a letter from a professor in a different department ("probability/statistics") in the same institution and am applying to this department's graduate program.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...