Friday 25 December 2015

undergraduate - Will a self-designed major lower my chance of acceptance for graduate school?


I am in the process of designing a major. However, I am worried that using a self-designed major can make an application look bad. As it stands, this potential major is about 70% computer science classes, 30% psychology and neuroscience classes. As such, this leads me to the questions:




  • Are these self-designed majors seen as "weird" or simply unacceptable?

  • In general, are self-designed majors unattractive for graduate admissions?

  • For computer science specifically, do majors matter?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...