Saturday 16 February 2019

publications - Using home address when submitting an article with no affiliation?


If you're submitting information for an article, and you have no institution affiliation, what should you use? I was asked for an address and all I have is an home address. That seems a bit weird to use, however.



Answer



I did a quick search to see what other independent researchers do for Nature journals, which include an author address.Specifically, I searched Google for



site:nature.com "author details" "independent researcher"




I found that authors who are independent researchers sometimes list just their city for their address, or



Independent researcher, City, Country



See for example here and here. Some do appear to give their home address, e.g. here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...