Tuesday 5 February 2019

publications - Is it self-plagiarism to summarise a topic in the introduction of two of your papers using similar references and examples?


I have written two papers, let's say X and Y, about a concept, let's say A.


X is about other overview of concept A and how it can be improved in general. Then I have another paper i.e. Y discusses about relationship of A with reference to one particular topic.


As both papers are literature driven papers (can be called as literature reviews) and the focuses are different. However there are some sections which are overlapping with each other. Therefore I have given similar examples and used many common references.


My question is, is it a case of plagiarism ? I have written both papers separately and not copied text of one into other, rather sometimes the sense is same. I would appreciate your thinking and advices in this regards whether it can be counted as a case of plagiarism ?


Thanks in advance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...