Monday 18 February 2019

molecular biology - How long can I store extracted RNA?


If I extract RNA from a (leaf tissue) sample using a one-step phenol:chloroform extraction, how long can those samples be stored at -80°C? And how many times can I defrost and refreeze them before they will become degraded?



Answer



I've found that extracted RNA using commercial kits has stayed stable for many years at -80 C. I would certainly aliquot it before freezing however as RNA is particularly sensitive to freeze-thaw cleavage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...