Saturday 23 February 2019

entomology - What small insect is this?


Lately, lots of these little bugs have been lurking in my house in Italy. Should I worry? I'm curious to know what they are. For reference, the 2 cent Euro is 18.75 mm in diameter.



Answer



It looks like a carpet beetle larvae(Anthrenus verbasci) to me. This seems to fit considering you found it in your house, which is one place they are fairly common. I would not be able to tell you if you should be worried, I am not a biologist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...