Tuesday 27 October 2015

publications - Are technical news websites acceptable as references in the introduction or motivation section?


So far I only use papers from ieee, nature, or other research publications.


My supervisor suggested me to write more in motivational background part.


I found tech news website like eejournal.com and semiengineering.com provides more general, more business-related, stories for general audiences.


Can I use them as reference in introduction/motivation part of my master thesis?



My personal opinion is we cannot use them. But I do not know where I can get papers about e.g. cost analysis in CMOS scaling and next gen lithography, or why we need new memory devices like memristor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...