Monday 12 October 2015

molecular biology - Can concentration of a protein be determined from a gel quantitatively (rough estimation)?



I've got a His-tagged protein in 6M urea, 500 mM imidazole buffer that needs to be quantified before dialysis to ensure there's enough protein worth dialysing. I ran out of my elution buffer which should be used for blanking. I made a fresh buffer with the same contents, it started giving me false results. I could interpret that problem is with the buffer (probably because of change in chemical batch) from the readings I got in BCA and Bradford assays. Hence, I ran a gel to get an idea of presence of protein. Are there ways to estimate protein concentration quantitatively from the gel?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...