Thursday 22 October 2015

cv - Formulating research interests — context/motivation or not?



How do I formulate research interests in my CV? When talking about my field, I like to include some context, such as:



The climate of planet Earth is a complex system. Detailed observations are needed for improving our understanding of individual components and their interaction. Additionally, long-term, large-scale monitoring is required to study the climate system in its entirety. Observations from space are important for both kinds of observations. I am particularly interested in applying space-based observations the atmosphere, for example, for the hydrological cycle. Additionally, I think foo is important because of bar, and would like to research foo deeper.



But on a CV, space and attention are scarce. An alternative would be:




  • Space-based observations of the atmosphere

  • Foo




But this appears a bit bald to me. I think the context, the motivation, should be relevant: why are my research interests as they are?


What is a better alternative for describing research interests on a CV?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...