Monday 15 May 2017

Accepting a graduate offer of admission and then turning it down


I was offered admission into a graduate physics program in February. I was given 21 days within which to accept the offer and pay the admission deposit.



Now I was sent an email from the program offering me a prestigious university scholarship to motivate me to accept the offer of admission. I had not yet received any other offer of admission, so out of desperation, I accepted the offer of admission and paid the admission deposit.


Now, if I am offered admission into any of the upper grade universities I applied to, I will write to the graduate program director from the former program and politely mention that I cannot enroll in their program because the upper grade university is a better fit for me.


Will this cause a serious problem for me, i.e., in terms of my future academic career and the graduate program director's denial to let me go?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...