Friday 23 September 2016

masters - Ethical GPA rounding


I am applying for a master's program in the US and am not sure how I should present my GPA ethically when discussing it. I have an undergrad total GPA of 3.394 and when asked to put in my undergrad GPA it only gives room for 2 digits and nothing more. EX: 3.0. Can I round up my GPA since it's so close to 3.4, or would this be unethical and I should round down to 3.3?


To make this as general as possible: How should one round their GPA when only 2 digits are accepted, and they're less than .05 away from the next digit?



Answer




There are widely accepted standard rounding rules: any number greater than or equal to 3.35 should be rounded up to 3.4. There is no reason to expect that an application would want non-conventional rules for rounding GPAs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...