Friday 8 July 2016

Switching university after master's to do PhD somewhere else


I will get a master's degree early next year. I would like to do a PhD somewhere else than at my current university. However, since I have already a more impressive publication record than many of the second or third year PhD students at my department, my supervisors are expecting me to stay. I need their reference letters to leave, so what I should do? I think they will be extremely unhappy when I tell them I will be leaving, since they have invested a lot of time to work with me (which has resulted in the said publications).




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...