Thursday 21 April 2016

Guide to learning about Population biology / ecology / dynamics for a non-Biologist


I'm an applied mathematician who works in the field of feedback control systems but has been becoming interested in looking at population biology (e.g. Lotka-Volterra, Mathusian growth,etc.) from a mathematical feedback and systems theory standpoint. Since I know almost nothing about biology save for a poor frog I nearly threw up on while trying to dissect in High School, I wanted to ask this community if anyone could provide me with some materials that give a good overview of the current state of this field.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...