Wednesday 27 April 2016

graduate admissions - Is it possible to be admitted to a Master's program after not completing Bachelor's degree due to academic dishonesty?


Is it possible to get admission to a master's program in economics without finishing up your undergrad?



I have completed 105 credits so far for my BA Honours in economics and math degree, and still need 15 credits to graduate (120 required for graduation). However, a case of academic dishonesty could lead to my suspension from my current university. I know that I made a mistake at such a crucial time in my undergrad, but I can only learn from it.


The problem also I'm having is that some universities will not even consider my application as result of academic dishonesty. Apart from this my application is quite strong in terms of doing well in economics courses, strong letter of recommendations, and GRE score..


I have already published an economics paper in an undergraduate journal and feel as if there isn't anything to learn about economics from my university.


I can study economics independently and work to get "food on the table" and have some real-world experience under my belt before embarking on a journey as an intellectual.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...