Wednesday 13 April 2016

graduate admissions - Is it bad to apply for the same Master's degree program in consecutive years?


I am an undergraduate majoring in computer science. I want to apply for a top Master program in the US. I have done the GRE test and most of the other things required. I am currently doing research with my professor so there might be more publication to come but it will be later than the application deadline.


I don't know if I should try to apply this year. There are certain things I am concerning (my GPA might be lower, my reference letter might not be as strong as before, there might be more applicants in the next year) .


There is one thing I don't know how will the admission office work on.


If I failed the first year, will it be a negative factor for my application the next year (say if I could been admitted originally, but because I failed the last application the year before so I am not accepted)?


will it be like I revealed too much information so they can see my change between the two years(for example they found I didn't make much progress like the years before in that year)?



will they compare the two applications(for example they found there is lots of change in my SOP, like my life goal changed largely) or will they be processed totally independent?


Just say I have 25% possibility to get admitted, my situation might be better or worse the next year. If I failed this year I will reapply the next year. Is it worth a shot to apply this year?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...