Monday 18 April 2016

collaboration - Appropriate time to announce current research topics



I am currently a Ph.D. candidate in the field of economics and I'm starting to make significant head way into my research and submitting articles to journals. I get a really strong vibe in the academic community to protect my ideas and don't leak anything until it is appropriate. My general sense of this comes from my experience with various individual's ideas getting "scooped." While collaboration is obviously key to academic success, I also want to be wary of announcing any current research plans until it is appropriate.


My question is : When is it appropriate to discuss current research projects and update a CV or website?


When the paper has been accepted to a journal? After the paper has been submitted to a journal? A proposal has been drafted? After all preliminary research has been complete?


I appreciate your responses.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...