Sunday 24 April 2016

Forced to Quit PhD although the hard and proved work



I am a first year Ph. D student, and I have been working on a new topic of research. I worked day and night to prove something new and verified it. I began my Ph. D while my supervisor was on travel, but he returned before I had been here for long. When he returned, he told me we have to stop and not continue without any reasonable reasons.


After a few months he began treating me poorly---always belittling and underestimating---although I got two grants from a top conference, made videos and podcasts, and constantly received praise for my good work and personality.


It seems that I have been treated as a competitor, not a collaborator. Although agreeing with my approaches in private, my supervisor said false words to the committee to take the decision and stop my Ph. D work!


It is not surprising, as there was another former senior Ph. D student who I met on campus, who was not allowed to defend his Ph. D: this same supervisor claimed he was not able to finish his dissertation although he had published in a peer reviewed journal and having citation as well, it was scary and not familiar.


In front of committee, he lied, and said something without proving. I asked if he can make a detailed constructive criticism, but he could not. All I can say that they are a gang literally, and he said words that show that he is jealous and doesn't want to see me having self confidence in my self. I know no one will believe me, but this is the truth.


Honestly, I am distressed and I'm losing sleep. I had this dream where there were many people who saw me fail. All things considered, I don't know whether what happened is good or bad, and I definitely don't know what I should do next!


I would be grateful for your advice and whether there is someone has encountered any similar situation.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...