Sunday 1 December 2019

publications - What to do when manuscript is in latex but journal requires submission in MS Word



I wrote an article containing quite a lot of maths using latex. I want to submit this paper to a given journal. However, submission guideline explicitly states that all submissions must be done in word format. I am a bit confused about such a specification and really feel unconfortable to reedit everything in word. Some companies seem to offer convertor or online conversion. Maybe some of you have already experienced some of them and can give me some feedback and advices.



Answer



I've used pandoc for this problem previously and it worked pretty well. Problems I have encountered are;



  • Multi-line equations (e.g. align or matrix environments) are not converted correctly to word. (I don't think there is an equivalent of align in word).

  • Converted all citations to the ones within parentheses (much more minor a fix).


Last publication I did this because I got so frustrated with the journal (it would accept and compile my Latex file, but gave no instructions about what packages I could use nor any instructions on how to get the bibliography to compile - and emailing for three weeks with the staff did not help). But it only took me a few hours to convert the paper (that publication had minimal math though).


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...