Monday 9 December 2019

Can deadlines for PhD admission in US be approximated?



I am expecting to finish my masters degree in computer science by mid October and then I was planning to apply for a PhD program this year.


My question is, how much time will I have after being done with my masters to apply? I know different US universities have different deadlines but a general safe assumption would really be appreciated.


I still haven't decided which universities I would be applying to. I am also aware of the fact that eventually I'll have to look up at the websites for the exact deadlines but for now I just needed an approximate idea of a date by which I should have everything ready for submission including my GRE scores (which I am planning to retake).



Answer



It varies greatly.



  • There are the fixed deadline places, for which there are deadlines starting from Nov 15 or thereabouts, all the way upto Jan 15.

  • There are also places with rolling deadlines, where it's better to apply early.


In general, you should have your materials ready to go in the beginning/middle of November and that should take care of most deadlines.



No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...