Thursday 12 December 2019

publications - Is it better to submit a paper to an important journal without the supervisor name or to a less important journal with the supervisor name?



I am PhD student in computer engineering and visiting a foreign university. My project is near to the end and, since my colleague and I got excellent results, we are writing a scientific paper about it. I would like to submit the paper to the top best journal in our field.


I sent the draft to my supervisor here, that replied that he does not think that the paper is going to be accepted by the top best journal. He suggested to submit it to another journal, that we can consider the 5th best journal in the field. He said that we can still submit it to the top journal if we want it, but, in that case, we have to remove his name from the author list.


So what should we do?


Should we remove his name from the author list and submit it to the top journal? Or should we satisfy him and submit the paper to the 5th most prestigious journal?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...