Wednesday 25 December 2019

Can a PhD thesis be confidential?


A colleague of mine had an excellent PhD project and she published good papers during her PhD. When I asked her to give me her PhD thesis, she told me she can't because her PhD project was confidential (commercial, military, ...).


I wonder if a PhD thesis can be confidential? Isn't it available in her university library?


Can a funding organization set this limitation for the data included in a PhD thesis?


Anyway, what if her future employer asks for her PhD thesis?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...