Tuesday 30 July 2019

professors - Who pays travel & per diem costs for invited lecturers?


When an academic is invited to give a talk at another university, are their food and travel expenses usually fully reimbursed by the university that invited the professor?



Answer



In my experience (as a visiting guest lecturer while a grad student elsewhere) the travel expense and accommodation were covered not by the university that hosted me, but by grant money from the professor that invited me. That being said, these visits were for a few days and included both the guest lecture, and some research/discussion on ongoing projects.



I did not claim a per diem for food, but I am sure that if I had it would have been covered, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...