Wednesday 31 July 2019

Deferring Admission to reapply for some PhD programs next year


This question is related to one of my previous questions:


Changing University in First year of Phd


I just completed my senior year. I have been accepted to a grad school (say University X).


I want to reapply for some PhD programs next year (fall). But, at the same time, I don't want to lose the only PhD seat I've got.


So, I was thinking about deferring the admission to University X in order to apply to few other universities for next fall.



I have 2 questions regarding this:




  1. Should I mention about my deferred admission to Uni X in the Phd applications for next fall ? If I don't, Would it be treated as academic cheating ?




  2. How much deferring should be enough ? (Next Spring, Next Summer or Next Fall)






No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...