Thursday 18 April 2019

publications - Should I put my papers which are not written in English on my social-media profile?


Is it OK to put my non English internal conference or journal paper on my social media profiles such as Google Scholar, Academia, Research Gate, etc? and also, should I translate their title and other information into English?



Answer



Yes, it is. English is a lingua franca, but that doesn't mean that all scholarly literature must be in English. Make sure your paper is in a institutional or disciplinary repository, if you like the idea of your paper to be open access. Translate it, as Davidmh suggests, to make it even more available.


Regarding indexing in Google Scholar, that depends by the site you archive your paper into. You can make some arrangements to be indexed, but in my experience even if you suggest resources to GS you cannot be sure you'll be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...