Friday 26 April 2019

publications - Should CV include special note about published 'cover articles'?


I just published an article and, when I saw the journal, I was surprised to discover that they put my article on the cover.


My question is, should I update my CV to make special note of the fact that my article was not just published but is the cover story in a particular journal?




Answer



A cover article is noteworthy, but not all noteworthy material goes on all CVs. I include a note about cover articles on my CV iff I am also including citation counts. I only include this extra information if the CV is for something that is trying to evaluate the "impact" of my research.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...