Thursday 18 April 2019

graduate school - Is it ok to fail with analysis?


I'm a graduate student and I am really worried about the quality of my master thesis. It's my second year in graduate school and I've already done some pilot studies. But, entering the school, I was absolutely new in the real science (cognitive psychology) and now I'm afraid that data I collected is too dirty and statistical analysis I provided just incorrect. I have to present and publish my results anyway if I want to end graduate school and become a phd, but I feel ashamed of them. So, I wonder is it ok to have problems with data when I'm just studying or I should refuse to publish or present these results? My supervisor thinks everything's great and local journals will accept papers, but it is just bad, isn't it?





No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...