Friday 2 February 2018

graduate admissions - Should I include high school details in Grad School Resume?


I was wondering if I should include my high school details in the resume of my graduate school application ? It's unclear about this bit since we are not actually submitting any proof of high school records during grad school application( they only ask for undergraduate details). But my high school final examination details are particularly good (better than my undergraduate credentials infact!)



Answer



I have to disagree slightly with the stark "No" answers.



Only when those details provide evidence of your potential for research.


Some information about your high-school experience may shed light on your research potential. Certainly you would want to mention winning the Intel Science Talent Search or the International Olympiad in Informatics, or describe the peer-reviewed research papers you published as a high school student.


But your high school grades? No, leave them off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...