Monday 12 February 2018

hematology - What are the blood groups for human beings?


Human blood groups are of 4 types with negative and positive of each types (Wikipedia). But according to this forum thread there are some other types too:



A+,A-,B+,B-,O+,O-,AB+,AB-,A1+,A1-,A2+,A2-,A1B+,A1B-,A2B+,A2B-



I'm going to make software for blood donation, where I need to put a dropdown list of actual blood types. I had intended to use:



[ Select Blood Group V ]
[ O Negative ]
[ O Positive ]

[ A Negative ]
[ A Positive ]
[ B Negative ]
[ B Positive ]
[ AB Negative ]
[ AB Positive ]

But now I am uncertain whether this is appropriate. What is the most suitable list of blood types for donors?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...