Saturday 11 November 2017

publications - How to avoid using "I" in a research paper in case of referring to my previous work?


As I know, using "I" and "we" should be avoided in research paper writing.


But in one of my paper, I am the only one author.


And in the introduction I wrote something like AA et al. proved that ..., BB et al. found that ..., CC et al. stated that ....


Then the problem is that I want to refer to one of my previous research that I had conducted with Mr.CC. I and Mr.CC are the only two authors in those researches.


In this case, which one should I write? (1) I and CC confirmed that .... (2) My name and CC confirmed that .... (3) The author and CC confirmed that .... (4) Our group confirmed that ....



For me, I think the (2) sounds awkward. (4) may not be able to use because I am not in his group in "CC et al. stated that ....". But I am not sure whether the (1) and (3) are suitable. Thank you very much in advanced.


For more information : I did not involve in "CC et al. stated that ....". This is the result of his team. But I involve in "I and CC confirmed that ...." which is the work that only I and CC did it. So CC will be referred two times in this paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...