Wednesday 29 November 2017

publications - Is there a general way to find or get notified of relevant conferences and meetings in your field?



Here's the problem: I don't know what are the relevant conferences and meetings for me to potentially attend/present in. Every conference I've been so far has been passed down to me by a much older professor who knows it by experience.



I feel like this is an important topic, and yet all the tools I tried to use to find conferences (such as allconferences and conferecealerts) fail to find me relevant things.


Is there a method to reliably find relevant for you conferences worldwide? Ideally it would be good to get notified when a new relevant conference is announced.


I know there are some websites (such as arxiv-sanity and google Scholar) that suggest papers for you to read based on previously loaded papers, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some similar tool where you put some conferences with a few keywords and it spits out suggestions.


Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...