Monday 27 November 2017

graduate school - In teaching, what are the advantages of using slides over doing board work?


At my university, most lecturers and professors use slides in teaching. This is true for most engineering, mathematics and science courses. I am more comfortable with doing the board work and then sharing my hand-written lecture notes with the students. From my personal experience, I feel that the latter is a better way of teaching.


So, what are the advantages of using slides? Why do you use slides?


Secondly, does the answer to the above question change if you were teaching graduate students?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...