Saturday 4 March 2017

genomics - Sequencing two strands of dna


My background is not genetics. 2.I am not interested in knowing how dna sequencing or genotyping is done. 3. I am interested just in the nature of the results as described here.


Now coming to the question: Humans have two sets of chromosome in each cell. So if I say sequencing chromosome1, what does that actually mean? Which of the two chromosome's gets sequenced? Of genotyping-do comparison take place between two+two=four chromosome1's? Or is my entire undertanding flawed?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...