Wednesday 15 March 2017

If an assumption proves to be false, is the research then meaningless?


Last year, I did research (while in high school). My research was relatively successful and I was able to get a lot of amazing opportunities out of it.


However, looking back at it now, I realize that it is possible that one of my research assumptions was incorrect (not definitely incorrect, but possibly). This was my first research project, so I was not really accustomed to making assumptions. Now, though, this is really causing me an extreme amount of anxiety and I am not fully sure why. I was proud of my research, but I feel like that one assumption makes the research worthless.


Is all of one's research meaningless if an assumption proves to be false?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...