Monday 13 March 2017

ieee - My paper has not been published because I did not show up for the conference presentation


My paper has not been published because none of the authors presented the paper. My supervisor (my co-author) was at the conference, but he did not show up to present. I can only assume he was tired that day (he is an old man), although he did manage to present two other papers. He also failed to inform the conference committee of his inability to present.


This is an IEEE conference. The paper was not published in IEEE Xplore, but even worse, it is not even mentioned in the proceedings.


What is really annoying is that they still want me to have their permission to submit it to another conference. This is what is written in their email:



Your previously-submitted IEEE Copyright form transferred ownership of this paper to IEEE. However, if you would like to resubmit this paper to another conference, please request permission to do so by sending an email message to pubs-permissions@ieee.org.



They also did not reimburse us for the hefty registration fees.



  1. How should someone in my position proceed?


  2. Shouldn't the conference at least mention the title of the paper in the proceedings?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...