Saturday 25 February 2017

citations - how reference a translation of an already translated text?


Somebody wrote a text in Latin, let’s call her Alice and let’s call the text De Nihilo. This text was then translated into German by Bob. In my work, I translate Bob’s translation into English.


In the author–date system of the CMoS style, I have adopted this solution for referencing a translation of an already translated text:



My own translation of the following translation from Bob. (Bob 1987; translation in German of De Nihilo by Bob).¹





¹ “[Latin Text]” (Alice 47BC).



Is my solution the correct one?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...